Sunday, November 23, 2008

All I can do is keep breathing............

I am going through these days in a perpetual state of "waiting for the other shoe to drop". It is making me anxious, and sometimes I feel so overwhelmed. I need to remind myself to breathe at times.

The state of the country / economy is weighing on my mind. How will my company be affected? Will my job be in jeopardy? If I lose my job, how will I make it? What about my parents - how are they going to make it in this climate? What about my friends?

Take a breath.

I have a terminally ill close family friend who is not expected to live through Thanksgiving, which is only 4 days from now. Is she suffering? Is she aware of what's happening to her? Is she scared? What will her family do without her? When will I get the call?

Take a breath.

I have slipped back into some old habits that are not healthy for me. Why am I doing this? Why can't I stop? What need is this filling? When will I take control? Will I always struggle? Who can I turn to for help?

Take a breath.

I wonder what is going to happen with someone I met recently. I wonder what he's thinking? Does he like me? What if he doesn't? Will I ever fall in love again?

Take a breath.

Take a big breath.

Let it out.

And just let it be.

3 comments:

Chris said...

I don't have any kind of earth shattering advice. You've already said it all. Just keep breathing. Control what you can, and let go what you can't. You never know what is around the corner. :)

Ms. Florida Transplant said...

Your post reminds me of the serenity prayer:

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...

Courage to change the things I can

and Wisdom to know the difference."

Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Funny, I have been going through a perpetual "waiting for the other shoe to drop" time too...in fact, I think I had a post titled "The Sound of The Other Shoe Dropping"...but maybe I just dreamed it?!

Hang in there, we'll all make it!! The holidays are the WORST for this!

<3 <3 <3
Nicole